Monday, December 10, 2007

Ravens Dale?

This afternoon I enjoyed my weekly three hour listin in on the Drive with JMV on WNDE. I am only a little ashamed that my favorite part of the show is listening to Ravens Dale mouth off and give ridiculous take after ridiculous take. He never ceases to amaze me, but today may have topped them all.

Dale calls in, and of course he is backed into a corner because we smacked Baltimore this weekend; so, instead of his usual song and dance, he comes out with, "the Colts are the best team in the NFL without question". The most loyal Colts fan cannot grant this point. 13-0 including a win over our beloved Colts speaks for itself. After this ridiculous Colts love from a long time Colts hater confirms one of my long time suspicions. Ravens Dale assesses what is real in this world and then takes the opposite stand point. Given the Ravens tank job this year, Ravens Dale's newfound support for the home team is an insult to listeners. Does Ravens Dale really think we are the top dog? Of course not, but if he came on and spoke some sense about the caliber of team both New England and Indianapolis are this year, we would have no reason to continue speaking about his severe case of ignorance. But, what could we expect from someone who doesn't seem to know what it means to argue from the high side?

4 comments:

Northsided said...

I had a short conversation with RD yesterday on the drive forum And to be fair, he does not proclaim fanhood, but he is still way off on his assertion that the Colts are tops in the NFL.

Shane M. White said...

So, IF/WHEN the Colts beat the Patriots up in Foxboro (which we've done the last two times we've gone up there, both with piss-poor defenses compared to this year's amazing performance by our bench) THEN will you (and John Peddie) FINALLY admit that the Colts MIGHT be a good team? I'm sick of this Patriots-love Bull Shit. I'm not saying they aren't "good" or "amazing" - but as a Colts Fan, my loyalties will ALWAYS lie with the Colts. Just like true Dolphins fans should believe they are going to win this weekend. Everyone jumping on the Patriots NUTS is getting really fucking old. Root for YOUR TEAM.

I think I'm going to buy both you and John Peddie Patriots Hats for Christmas. Since you seem to like them so much more than the Colts.

I guess the AFC Championship is going to be the place I get proven wrong. Might I remind everyone that EIGHT of our starters didn't play the first time against the Patriots. That won't happen again. And Gonzo has matured a HELLUVA lot in the past two games, so I think he'll be more prepared for whatever roll he has to play against the Patriots. And on top of that - EVERYONE has exposed their weakness in the middle of the field. It's going to be a whole different ballgame (probably in a blizzard of some sort).

I will admit that statistically and record-wise the Patriots are the best in the league. But, I think the best OVERALL team is still the Colts. The Patriots BARELY beat the Ravens (it came down to the last-second drive where the Refs GAVE the game to them), while the Colts DESTROYED the Ravens in 15 minutes, and put the game out of reach.

Keep talking about the Patriots. I love the Colts being under the radar. But, when we beat your beloved Patriots, don't try switched back to a Colts fan. Pick a team, and love them.

Northsided said...

I never said the Colts weren't a good team. In fact, I would argue with anyone that they are the second best team in the League and there isn't much below them worth talking about.

I also think we can beat them in the AFC championship game. That said, all I was saying is that it is ludicrous to try and argue that the Colts are the best team in the league until they make the arguement on the field. And don't come with any of that crap about the refs or even injuries. Refs are part of the game; injuries are part of the game, and I have seen nothing that allows me to believe that Marvin's return is certain.

Don't call my a Patriot fanboy, call me a Colts fan with a realistic take on the current NFL situation. You and RD should have coffee.

mmaier2112 said...

Don't you mean LESS coffee?

Make them less edgy and irritable?

:P