Thursday, December 20, 2007

Sit or Start?

The Fantasy Gods have given me favor this year. Aside from the early loss of Jake Delhomme, the injury bug has stayed away and Derek Anderson filled the void. Travis Henry was a bust, but Earnest Graham was gift wrapped on the waiver wire. Game day decisions where only difficult on the bye weeks, and I still don't have a loss in a non-bye week game. The most difficult decision I am faced with weekly is Derek Anderson or Matt Hasselbeck. Only once has either been a bad pick, and I nicely avoided those starts. But now, as a Championship hangs in the balance, I am forced to wonder how the ever conservative Colts will play it this week. I could start Addai. I could start Keith. I could roll the dice and go with Chester Taylor who will be running against the soft Redskins.

On paper it shouldn't matter. Hasselbeck will run his new pass first offense against Baltimore....no problems there. That gives Engram a good game and my other two receivers are number 1 and 3 among receivers this year. Oh, but T.J. is in a drought and Randy's team has clinched. Oh that my first tough decision in weeks were not on Championship week.

But then again, why am I crying. The Gods have smiled on me thus far, and I should be appreciative.

1 comment:

John Peddie said...

Start Kenton Keith. The Colts are always going to play conservative football, as consternating as that might be - and there is literally nothing to play for in these last two games.

Addai will play, but Keith will get lots of touches - and in two games that mean nothing, that means lots of rushing to chew up clock. Plus, it'll be easier for Sorgi not to screw up if he's handing off and not passing.

The two-back system worked very well, even with Butterfingers Rhodes, and I suspect Dungy will want to find out just how much Keith can take - and these last two games will be a perfect audition.